How to treat frown lines
Repetitive facial expressions, genetic factors, aging effects, sun exposures and unhealthy diets are the reasons that you begin to notice the appearance of frown lines. Frown lines appear as vertical lines above the nose and between the eyebrows. Making facial expressions are common and when you respond to someone, you either raise your brows or narrow them. But as you get older, these responses make their presence permanent as frown lines because the skin loses its elasticity and collagen becomes decelerated.
The facial muscles are flexible and they take shape every time you make expressions and become stable with age. No permanent treatment has been introduced to diminish them completely, but there are some practical tips to reduce the presence of frown lines.
Home remedies to get rid of frown lines are not clinically or medically proven. But some past orthodox natural remedies do have the power to lessen frown lines. As our ancestors said, these home remedies relax the muscles and give the skin some nutrients to remove facial lines.
- Apply egg white to the frown lines.
- Massage coconut oil or almond oil onto the frown lines every night before sleep.
- Mix yogurt with lemon, honey, vitamin E capsule and apply for 10 minutes to the frown lines.
Effective skin care products:
Well, no charms to say whether skincare essentials are effective in treating glabellar lines or not. But antioxidant creams and lotions attract their presence to prevent frown lines or reduce them. Hyaluronic acid is another ingredient that the skin needs mostly to diminish wrinkles by escalating collagen, shown by several studies.
- Using a face massager loosens up your muscles and maintains skin elasticity. It moves in a circular motion to reduce frown lines.
- Apply vitamin C serum or toner to give the skin energy to tighten muscles and tissues to lessen frown lines' appearance between the eyebrows.
- Remember to treat your skin with moisturizer two times or three a day.
Treatments to undergo:
Suppose these remedies or skincare essentials do not meet your requirements to smooth the glabellar lines or forehead furrows. In that case, you need to consult a dermatologist to undergo some surgical or cosmetic procedures to reduce these lines.
- Microneedling is getting popular in the skincare regime to reduce frown lines. As the name "Microneedling" explains, it uses numerous tiny needles to contact the skin and gives it regeneration power to maintain its elasticity, eventually a thicker, stronger structure.
- Neuromodulators like Dryspot, Botox, and Xeomin are other cosmetic treatments for frown lines—especially between the eyebrows. These treatments relax the skin’s muscles to prevent scrunching that causes wrinkles/frown lines.
- Juvederm and fillers contain naturally occurring hyaluronic acid to give the skin hydration and elasticity. They are directly injected into the lines to fill them and smooth the muscles of the skin.
The bottom line
As we get older, these facial/frown lines and wrinkles appear naturally because our skin begins to lose its elastic power. These are some products and treatments to reduce the presence of frown lines. Staying on a healthy lifestyle is equally important if you wish to avoid their early appearance. Remain in contact with your dermatologist regarding your skin growth and care.